Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is really a hearty stew and great during the winter months.
- 1 #2 can peas, green beans, lima beans, and corn (including juice)
- 1 large can chopped or stewed tomatoes with juice
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 1 can corned beef broken up into pieces
- ½ head cabbage (diced into 1½ x ½ inch pieces)
- 2 large onions (diced as with cabbage)
- 3 large carrots (sliced round 1/16th inch thick)
- 3 – 4 medium sized potatoes, cubed (dice sized)
- salt, pepper, and hot sauce as desired
- approximately 30 (1 inch by 1 inch) pieces of fresh tuna (unfortunately most of us nowadays can't get good fresh tuna so I have often used freshwater bass or some other solid meat)
- In a large pot with tight fitting lid, add all above items except for the.
- A little extra water may have to be added to cover ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, being careful not to burn as the juice (tomato) is very rich.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat and cover, stirring often until the carrots are tender.
- Next, add the and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or so over medium heat.