Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy then beat in buttermilk and soda.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture beating well to make a thin batter.
- Add blackberries and butter.
- Fry on a hot buttered griddle until puffy and golden brown turning only once.
- Serve hot.