This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy then beat in buttermilk and soda.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture beating well to make a thin batter.
- Add blackberries and butter.
- Fry on a hot buttered griddle until puffy and golden brown turning only once.
- Serve hot.