- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or peri-peri powder
- 250 grams chicken livers, cleaned and halved
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion in the oil.
- Add the cayenne pepper or peri-peri.
- Add the chicken livers and stir-fry over high heat until just cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the brandy to deglaze the pan.
- Slice soft fresh rolls in half and open butterfly-style.
- butter lightly and spoon the liver onto the rolls.
- Serve with a fresh green salad dressed with a tangy garlic dressing.