Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Have a great and nutritional breakfast, even more fun if you are sharing it with a date :) Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped white onion
- ¼ cup chopped shallots (optional)
- 10 ripe dates (seeded and sliced)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme — crushed
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, shallots and cook for 10 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring often.
- Add in the dates and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, water, salt and pepper. Stir in ¾ cup of the cheese. Pour into the skillet.
- Bake at 375 °F for 15 minutes or until completely set.
- Top with remaining cheese and the rest of the onion/date mixture.
- Cut into wedges.