- 16 oz Italian plum tomatoes, crushed
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 lbs broiler chicken, cut into serving pieces with skin and fat removed or 2 whole chicken breasts halved, with skin and fat removed
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp salt-free vegetable seasoning
- Place tomatoes in small saucepan.
- Add all remaining ingredients except chicken, lemon juice, and vegetable seasoning.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with lemon juice and vegetable seasoning and broil on both sides until lightly browned.
- Arrange chicken pieces in baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serving suggestions: serve with spaghetti and steamed vegetables such as zucchini, green beans, or peas and carrots.
Nutritional information Edit
253 calories, 36.9gm protein, 5.7gm fat, 9.6gm carbohydrate, 1.4gm fiber, 96 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium