- At least 24 hours ahead of time, and preferably 36 or so, stir the yogurt vigorously to break up the curd.
- Line a strainer or colander with a coffee filter or strong paper towels.
- Turn the open container upside down in the strainer. Place over a bowl and refrigerate.
- A couple times a day, discard the liquid that drains out (the dogs will love it!).
- This makes a thick yogurt cheese.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line a heavy deep-dish pie plate with a single layer of graham crackers, breaking some to fit.
- Set aside. Combine the Sugar, salt and cornstarch.
- Blend in the cream cheese (your mixer works great, but don't use the food processor; it will break up the mixture and it may not set).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Finely grate the peel from the lemon and add to the mixture, then juice the lemon and add the juice as well. Add the vanilla.
- On slow speed, blend in the strained, thickened yogurt.
- Mix gently but well.
- Spoon into the prepared deep-dish pie plate, being careful not to dislodge the graham crackers.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes, or just until cheesecake mixture is set and doesn't jiggle when you move the pie plate.
- (Results may vary greatly depending on exact oven temperature, ingredient temperature, thickness of pie and type of pie plate).
- While the pie is cooling, prepare the topping.
- Wash, hull and slice strawberries thickly.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Sugar, and stir to coat.
- Let them sit to draw out some of the juice.
- Combine the rest of the Sugar and the cornstarch.
- Add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens.
- Add the strawberries and stir gently just until it comes to a full boil again.
- They shouldn't be cooked, just heated through. Add coloring and flavor if desired and mix gently.
- Set aside to cool slightly. When the topping starts to set up, spread it over the top of the Cheesecake filling. Refrigerate. Served chilled with lite or fat-free whipped topping if desired.
More at http://sneakykitchen.com/Recipes/cheesecake_pie.htm
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.