Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Lady and Sons
- Serves 2
- 1 x 8 oz bottle zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 beef tenderloin fillets, 1½ to 2 inches thick
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp Lea and Perrins steak sauce
- 2 tsp water
- Pour the salad dressing into a shallow pan.
- Place the steaks in the pan, and let them marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each steak, securing it with a toothpick.
- Grill the steaks over hot coals for about 8 minutes per side (5 minutes per side for rare).
- Baste with a mixture of steak sauce and water.
- For perfect steaks, turn them only once.