Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Salau cu orez in aluat
- 2 oz / 50 g yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted butter (or lard or oil)
- flour as needed
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 lb / 500 g perch
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the starter with yeast, 2 – 3 tablespoons tepid milk and a little flour.
- When it has risen, mix in the egg, sugar, salt and shortening and make a medium soft dough.
- While the dough rests, set to boil, at low temperature, the rice with the milk, water and salt.
- When the liquid is almost completely reduced, add pepper and butter and let it cool.
- Completely debone the perch, cut into strips, salt and let it sit until the dough has risen and the rice has cooled off.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Roll into two sheets about a finger thick.
- Place one sheet to cover the bottom and sides of a buttered dish.
- Then cover with a uniform layer of rice.
- After that, put rounds of hard boiled eggs, and to top those, the perch strips.
- Finally, cover with the second sheet of dough, drape with a cloth and let rise for a little while.
- Then use some egg to glaze.
- Place in the oven to bake.
- Serve warm, cut into squares.