Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Herrin Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large baking potato
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 drops pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut bacon into small pieces then fry until crispy.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Peel and dice potato into small cubes then saute slowly in bacon fat.
- When almost done add green onions and cook until potatoes are browned and onions are wilted.
- Drain excess fat from skillet.
- Peel seed and chop tomatoes.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Cook tomatoes over fairly high heat for 4 minutes until most of juice has evaporated.
- Spread potatoes and onions evenly around skillet then sprinkle with bacon.
- Add cooked tomatoes and chopped parsley.
- Beat 6 eggs with water, pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs over potato mixture then cook over low heat until eggs start to set.
- Lift around sides of the pan so the uncooked portion flows under the cooked part.
- Place under broiler as far away from heat as possible for 10 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Slide out of pan onto serving plate.
- Cut in wedges to serve.