- 1 large sweet onion, sliced fine
- 3 – 4 large cubanelle / Sicilian peppers, seeded and sliced fine
- 4 links spicy Italian-style soy "sausage", sliced into pennies
- couple cloves of garlic, crushed
- lots of good, dark-green olive oil
- coarse-ground pepper
- salt to taste
- vegan hero rolls, hard-grain semolina is best!
- small amount of vegan red wine vinegar
- Sauté the sliced onion and peppers until soft, in some olive oil.
- As they soften, add the garlic and vegan sausage, and toss often until the sausage is well browned and the peppers are limp, adding more olive oil as needed.
- Split the hero rolls in half lengthwise, and toast briefly.
- Sprinkle the insides with olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, load up with peppers/onions/vegan sausage, and EAT, EAT, & ENJOY!!!