Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cups cold water
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups finely crushed peppermint candy
- 1/4 tsp peppermint essence
- Red food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and salt together in top of double boiler.
- Heat milk and candy almost to a boil, stirring to dissolve candy. Beat hot milk gradually into egg yolk mixture. Heat, stirring, over hot water, until thickened. Do not allow to boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool; stir in peppermint essence and food colouring.
- Fold in whipped cream gently; out into 6-cup mold. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Unmold; decorate with candies. Serve with chocolate sauce.
Yield: 10 servings
Cookbook: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking
Typed By: Susan