Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 – 3 pound beef round roast
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine black pepper, mustard, garlic, allspice, and red pepper; stir in oil to form paste. Rub evenly over surface of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, not touching fat. Do not add water. Do not cover.
- Roast in 325 °F oven approximately 1¾ to 2 hours for medium rare doneness, 2¼ to 2½ hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140 °F for medium rare; 155 °F for medium. Cover roast with aluminum foil tent and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes. Roast will continue to rise about 5 °F in temperature to reach 145 °F for medium rare doneness; 160 °F for medium doneness. Trim excess fat from roast before carving.
- Beef Round Roast, Frozen, Ready-to-Cook by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe