Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (4oz) beef tenderloin steaks (1-inch thick)
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup dry red wine
- ⅓ cup low-salt beef broth
- 1 tbsp country-style Dijon mustard
- Coat both sides of steaks with pepper.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Place steaks into the pan in a single layer and sear for about 1 minute or until the steak is browned.
- Turn and cook 5 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once.
- Drain liquid fat from pan, if any.
- Add garlic, cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Add wine and broth and boil 1 minute.
- Remove steaks from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- With a wire whisk, stir in mustard until sauce is well blended.
- Serve sauce over steaks.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (3 ounces cooked tenderloin steak with 2 tbsp sauce):
- 207 Calories | 23g Protein | 0g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 73mg Cholesterol | 92mg Sodium | 9g Fat
- Glycemic Index: (not significant)
- Glycemic Load: (not significant)
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-lean meat