Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (4oz) beef tenderloin steaks (1-inch thick)
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup dry red wine
- ⅓ cup low-salt beef broth
- 1 tbsp country-style Dijon mustard
- Coat both sides of steaks with pepper.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Place steaks into the pan in a single layer and sear for about 1 minute or until the steak is browned.
- Turn and cook 5 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once.
- Drain liquid fat from pan, if any.
- Add garlic, cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Add wine and broth and boil 1 minute.
- Remove steaks from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- With a wire whisk, stir in mustard until sauce is well blended.
- Serve sauce over steaks.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (3 ounces cooked tenderloin steak with 2 tbsp sauce):
- 207 Calories | 23g Protein | 0g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 73mg Cholesterol | 92mg Sodium | 9g Fat
- Glycemic Index: (not significant)
- Glycemic Load: (not significant)
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-lean meat