- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ pounds round steak, with fat trimmed and cut in strips
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 medium onion, yellow, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 medium green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 chili pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot. Add meat and brown for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water, onion, garlic salt, and ginger. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the peppers. Stir together the soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Pour this into the pot and stir until the liquid thickens.
- Place tomato wedges on top of the meat and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes longer. Serve over rice.
Contributed by: Edit
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.