- Cut all the meat and fowl into pieces or cubes.
- Put into a large pot, cover with cold water and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender when tested with a fork; then add the sugar, cloves, peppers, casareep and continue cooking for 4 hours or until the meat falls off the bone.
- When done the meat is in shreds.
- The pepper bag may be removed when the stew is hot enough.
- Note that this dish will keep practically indefinitely if brought to the boil daily.
- Do not remove the fats from the meats as this helps as a preservative.
- It may also be frozen and reheated.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.