Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These delicate, buttery crackers make excellent accompaniments to cocktails. After a few days they become somewhat softer but can be re-crisped in a 300°F, oven for 5 minutes.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about 95 crackers
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ pound pepper jack cheese, grated coarse
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease two baking sheets.
- In a food processor blend together butter and cheese until smooth.
- Add egg yolk, salt, and cayenne and blend until combined.
- Add flour and blend until mixture just forms a dough.
- Working in batches, transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a ⅞-inch-wide ribbon tip and pipe dough in long strips 2 inches apart on baking sheets. (Alternatively, working in batches, dough may be transferred to a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk and pressed out in long strips 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Dough strips may break in places but repairs are not necessary, as strips will be cut later.)
- In a small bowl whisk together egg white and a pinch salt until just combined.
- Brush each strip of dough with some egg white and bake in batches in middle of oven until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While crackers are still hot, slice diagonally into 1½-inch-long pieces and cool completely on racks.
- Crackers keep in airtight containers 5 days.