- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pinch Cayenne
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, or more as needed
- 2 tsp. tahini
- 1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup cooked Lentils
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts) finely chopped ( 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. In food processor, combine sunflower seeds, pepitas and sesame seeds and process until coarsely chopped. Add Lentils, scallions, parsley, tahini, salt, Cayenne and bread crumbs; process until mixture is blended.
2. Shape mixture into 4 patties and place on platter. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook burgers until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.