It serves 4-6 people and normally takes 1 hour to prepare. Serve with or without rice.
- 1 bunch cilatro, whole stalk, uncut
- 10 small potatoes (lemon-lime size)
- 3 lb pollo - legs, thighs and breasts (will need longer cooking time d/o thickness of pieces!)
- 4 cups water
- 4 plum tomatoes, unpeeled
- 1 Onion, white quartered
- 2 garlic cloves- whole
- 2 chiles guac (dried red, large)
- 2 chiles pasas (dried blackish)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2T flour
- Place uncut cilantro, potatoes, Chicken and 4 cups water in large pan.
- In separate uncovered, dry skillet, brown chiles and chopped cilantro for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer this to small pot and cover with water, add tomatoes, garlic,white Onion.
- Soak this mixture for 15 minutes then liquefy with blender.
- Cook Chicken, potatoes, cilantro for 30 minutes, or until Chicken is nearly done, then add chile mixture.
- Cook 10 minutes then add 2T flour to thicken.
- Cook additional 5–10 minutes.