Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It serves 4-6 people and normally takes 1 hour to prepare. Serve with or without rice.
- 1 bunch cilatro, whole stalk, uncut
- 10 small potatoes (lemon-lime size)
- 3 lb pollo - legs, thighs and breasts (will need longer cooking time d/o thickness of pieces!)
- 4 cups water
- 4 plum tomatoes, unpeeled
- 1 Onion, white quartered
- 2 garlic cloves- whole
- 2 chiles guac (dried red, large)
- 2 chiles pasas (dried blackish)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2T flour
- Place uncut cilantro, potatoes, Chicken and 4 cups water in large pan.
- In separate uncovered, dry skillet, brown chiles and chopped cilantro for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer this to small pot and cover with water, add tomatoes, garlic,white Onion.
- Soak this mixture for 15 minutes then liquefy with blender.
- Cook Chicken, potatoes, cilantro for 30 minutes, or until Chicken is nearly done, then add chile mixture.
- Cook 10 minutes then add 2T flour to thicken.
- Cook additional 5–10 minutes.