Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Penne with Spring Vegetables from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- Non-fat cooking spray
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups yellow squash, cubed
- ¾ cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- 16 oz package of penne pasta
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray then heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic then cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add asparagus and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and squash and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions then drain. Toss pasta with the vegetable mixture and basil then serve.