Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ pound diced bell peppers (I mix red and green)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1 eggplant, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup sliced fresh basil
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped kalamata
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 12 oz penne
- 14 ounces fake feta
- Brush 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Heat remaining 6 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers, garlic and crushed pepper; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant and oregano.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover; cook until eggplant softens, stirring often, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes with juices, ½ cup basil, tomato paste and vinegar.
- Cover; simmer until all vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite; drain well.
- Stir pasta into vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- Cover dish with foil (can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake pasta covered until heated through, about 20 minutes (40 minutes if refrigerated).
- Sprinkle with fake feta, then ½ cup basil.