Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1½ cups fresh basil, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ lb cooked penne, hot
- Wash and dry basil.
- Place basil in a blender or food processor with garlic, olive oil, pine nuts, cheese and pepper to taste; purée.
- Transfer cooked penne to a serving bowl.
- Add pesto and toss thoroughly to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 209 | Protein: 5g | Sodium: 66mg | Cholesterol: 2mg | Fat: 13g | Carbohydrates: 19g
- Exchanges: 2½ fat | 2½ starch