Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Penne rigate with roasted red pepper sauce by Chef Antonio Cecconi. Spicy and creamy, this sauce is made up of ingredients that have all the colors of the Italian flag.
- 16 ounces Dreamfields™ penne rigate (one box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8-ounces) jar roasted pepper strips, drained
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and sauté onion, garlic and pepper flakes in olive oil for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in mushrooms, basil and parsley.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add roasted pepper strips.
- Stir in alfredo sauce and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Toss pasta in a bowl with sauce ingredients and top with fresh parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 245 | protein: 10g | carbohydrates: 7g | fat: 17g | saturated fat: 9g | cholesterol: 43mg | sodium: 1010mg | dietary fiber: 2g