Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The key here is that the recipe is made from this pasta. Take care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From "The Kitchen of Dreamfield's Pasta"
- Makes: 4 Servings
- 1½ cups baby carrots
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas, about 12 oz
- 8 oz Dreamfield's penne rigate (3 cups uncooked)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 12 oz fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups baby arugula (or spinach)
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add carrots and snap peas and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Over medium-high heat in a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, snap peas,salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and wineand cook until wine has evaporated.
- Add cream and lemonjuice, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together hot pasta with shrimp and vegetable mixture, arugula and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
- 483 calories | 29 g protein | 19 g fat | 9 g saturated fat | 176 mg cholesterol | 390 mg sodium | 20 g carbs | 7 g dietary fiber