Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This can be a satisfying vegetarian meal in itself. You can add cubed chicken or shrimp for a complete meal. Substitute in-season vegetables, dial up or minimize the heat by controlling the amount of red pepper flakes.
- By Chef Antonio Cecconi (Original recipe
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes 6 servings
- 8 ounces Dreamfield's® penne rigate
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and sauté onion, broccoli, carrots, bell pepper and basil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, garlic salt, hot pepper flakes and marinara sauce; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Toss pasta with sauce mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving :
- Calories 226kcal | Protein 10g | Carbohydrates 15g | Fat 7g | Saturated Fat 2g | Cholesterol 2mg | Sodium 505mg | Total Dietary Fiber 6g