- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- salt, to taste
- Boil penne pasta with some salt and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic. Saute for a few seconds till fragrant and add chopped onions.
- Cook for a few minutes on medium-low heat till onions become tender and transparent, and then add parsley, salt, chili powder and oregano.
- Cook for a minute or two and add in tomatoes and tomato paste. Cover cook till tomatoes pulp and start to form a sauce.
- Simmer on low heat for 7 – 8 minutes and toss in pasta.
- Serve warm with a spinkle to fresh parsley and grated cheese.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com