Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2-3 lbs Chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic -crushed
- 4 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 can pigeon Peas (or green peas)
- 2 cups carrots
- 4 tablespoon Raisins
- 2 cups rice (NOT INSTANT!)
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- Rinse Chicken and rub with lime.
- In a large bowl: add salt, black pepper, garlic, half of the brown sugar, and half of the worcestershire sauce to Chicken, then set aside (the longer you let it sit, the better the flavor!).
- Heat oil in large deep pot. When hot, sprinkle in remaining brown sugar. Once Sugar begins to bubble, add Chicken and coat well until Chicken is nicely browned.
- Add carrots, rice, hot pepper, water and coconut milk. Mix well. Cover tightly and cook on very low heat 30-45 mins until rice is almost fully cooked. Do not stir while cooking.
- Add pigeon Peas and Raisins. Continue cooking on low heat 10-15 mins until rice is fully cooked. Add additional #worcestershire sauce to taste.