Pechay is a cabbage. It is one of the most known vegetables in the Philippines. It is also known as one of the oldest green vegetables in Asia. In the United States, this vegetable is popularly known as bok choi. The Pechay differs in many aspects from other (for instance European) cabbages. The leaves of the Pechay vary in length from 10 to 30 cm. The leaves are green and mild flavored and less crisp than other cabbages.
- 2 bundles of petchay (washed, blanched and cut into 1’)
- 1 big red onion (sliced into rings)
- 1/2-teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly grounded)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-cups vinegar
1. In a wooden or crystal bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
2. Serve freshly made or chilled.
Note: Adjust dressing to your taste.