Pecan Sweet Potatoes from Wikibooks—originally source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ stick of margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten (or 3 egg whites)
- ½ cup milk (or ¼ cup skim milk)
- 1 cup sugar (or ⅓ cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ stick margarine, melted
- ¼ cup flour (if using self-rising flour, omit salt and baking powder)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Mix base and topping in separate bowls.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a 9"x12" pan.
- Sprinkle on topping and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.