Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pecan Sweet Potatoes from Wikibooks—originally source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ stick of margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten (or 3 egg whites)
- ½ cup milk (or ¼ cup skim milk)
- 1 cup sugar (or ⅓ cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ stick margarine, melted
- ¼ cup flour (if using self-rising flour, omit salt and baking powder)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Mix base and topping in separate bowls.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a 9"x12" pan.
- Sprinkle on topping and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.