Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Southern decadence at it finest! These are enough to make a New Orleans native like me homesick. Cook time includes cooling time. Recipe from Foodtv.com (but its almost as good as MawMaw's recipe).
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bourbon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Stir and bake for 3 more minutes (watch them closely so the don't get over toasted).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Fit a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer.
- Over high heat, cook the cream, butter and brown sugar to 240°F (soft ball).
- If necessary, stir once to help dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 seconds.
- Carefully stir in the vanilla, bourbon, and toasted pecans. It might spit and sputter.
- Stir until the mixture looks creamy and slightly thickened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Cool for 20 minutes.