This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugars.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla then cream well.
- Add sifted flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add pecans and oatmeal then roll into long logs and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill thoroughly then slice and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes.