- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add brown sugar, beating constantly, until stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of meringue onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 to 20 minutes or until delicately brown and firm. Cool three to five minutes before removing from cookie sheet.