Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- This recipe makes 48 cookies.
- 1¾ cups pecans
- ¾ sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 48 soft and chewy caramels
- confectioners' sugar
- In a food processor, pulse 1¼ cups pecans until chopped, transfer to a bowl.
- Put remaining pecans and sugar in a food processor, pulse until nuts are finely ground.
- Add butter and eggs, process until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, pulse until blended.
- Scrape dough into a bowl.
- Have cookie sheets ready.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in chopped nuts to coat.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press a caramel in center of each.
- Bake 12 minutes at 350°F or until edges are lightly browned.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.