Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984. The same recipe was part of the collection from the Stewart Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 14 ounce package caramels unwrapped
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pecan halves or pieces
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter then press firmly on bottom of spring form pan.
- Reserve 10 caramels.
- In heavy saucepan combine remaining caramels and ½ cup half-and-half.
- Over medium low heat cook and stir until melted and smooth then stir in pecans.
- Spread over prepared crust and bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in large mixer bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla then mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour then cool.
- In small saucepan over low heat cook and stir reserved caramels and remaining half-and-half.
- Stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Immediately spread over cake.
- Garnish with pecan halves then chill thoroughly.