Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 15 to 20 appetizer servings
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (14 oz)
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, cut up (8 oz)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup (3 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese, such as Sargento Fancy Supreme
- 1 8oz package 4 cheese Country Casserole or Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in large skillet.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Sauté until tender.
- Add chopped fresh spinach and cook over medium heat, stirring often, 3 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and next 4 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Stir gently.
- Combine remaining 1 tbsp butter, pecans and stuffing mix.
- Toss until blended.
- Sprinkle over top of artichoke mixture.
- Bake 15 more minutes.
- Serve spread with pita chips or French bread.