Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam And Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serve with crackers.
- Serves 6
- 4 bacon slices
- ¾ cup pecan pieces
- 2 cups firmly packed grated Cheddar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- ⅛ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Fry bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towel to cool.
- Add pecans to drippings and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towel to cool. Season with salt.
- Blend cheddar, cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce sauce and worcestershire sauce in processor until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl and stir in green onions.
- Crumble bacon and add to mixture.
- Line cookie sheet with plastic, forming 8-inch strip. Freeze 20 minutes to firm slightly.
- Using plastic as aid, form log shape. Remove plastic; Roll log in pecans to coat.
- Wrap and refrigerate until firm. (can be prepared 1 week ahead.)