- 1¾ cups black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1¾ cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1¾ cups pigeon peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens such as mesclun
- Pat the peas dry with paper towels.
- Combine the peas in a large serving bowl, and add the avocado, tomatoes and scallions.
- Season to taste, dress with your favorite dressing and toss.
- To serve, arrange equal portions of greens on individual plates, and spoon equal portions of the pea mixture onto beds of lettuce.