Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Southern Living Holiday Meals 1982
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 medium pears
- 2 cups red wine
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 lemon slices
- 3 orange slices
- orange rind strips (optional)
- Peel pears, removing core from bottom and leaving stems intact.
- Slice about ¼ inch from base of each pear so they will sit flat.
- Combine next 6 ingredients in a dutch oven over medium heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place pears in Dutch oven in upright position; cover and continue to cook 40 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Remove from heat; allow to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- To serve, spoon pears and syrup into serving dishes; garnish with a strip of orange rind, if desired.