- ¾ cup wheat beer
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp wildflower or amber honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 8 cups assorted greens
- 3 to 4 ripe red-skinned pears, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 oz blue cheese or fresh goat cheese, crumbled, optional
- ½ cup toasted walnut halves
- To make vinaigrette: put wheat beer in saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook until it has reduced to ¼ cup, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- To make salad: arrange greens on 8 plates, and arrange pears on greens.
- Crumble blue cheese on top, if using, scatter with walnuts and drizzle each salad with vinaigrette.