Although the ingredients are sophisticated, this is a quick and simple recipe that will provide you with a hot appetizer in mere minutes.
- Pear and Roquefort Crostini Drizzled with Honey from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 16
- 1 medium-sized French baguette, sliced ½ inch thick into about 14 – 16 pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled (may also use other types of blue cheese like Gorgonzola or Maytag)
- 1 ripe pear, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet then brush each slice with the olive oil. Set oven rack at about 5 inches from broiler. Broil bread for about 45 seconds then remove.
- Turn bread slices over then evenly top with Roquefort. Return bread to oven and broil for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven then top each with pear slices.
- Arrange crostini on a platter, drizzle with honey then serve.