Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Although the ingredients are sophisticated, this is a quick and simple recipe that will provide you with a hot appetizer in mere minutes.
- Pear and Roquefort Crostini Drizzled with Honey from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 16
- 1 medium-sized French baguette, sliced ½ inch thick into about 14 – 16 pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled (may also use other types of blue cheese like Gorgonzola or Maytag)
- 1 ripe pear, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet then brush each slice with the olive oil. Set oven rack at about 5 inches from broiler. Broil bread for about 45 seconds then remove.
- Turn bread slices over then evenly top with Roquefort. Return bread to oven and broil for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven then top each with pear slices.
- Arrange crostini on a platter, drizzle with honey then serve.