- 1 package frozen rhubarb (10 ounces)
- 3 ripe pears, any variety
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cinnamon candies (red hots)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp butter or margarine
- Thaw package of rhubarb.
- Wash, core, and peel pears; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Add to rhubarb along with water.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cinnamon candies, and salt.
- Add to fruit mixture.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake in hot oven (400°F) 10 minutes, or until bubbling.