Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pear, Walnut and Roquefort Cheese Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- ½ cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Arrange salad greens on six plates. Toss pear slices with the 2 tablespoons of orange juice then divide pears and onion slices among the salad plates on top of greens.
- Top each serving evenly with crumbled Roquefort cheese and walnuts.
- Drizzle each plate with vinaigrette to desired amount.