Pear, Walnut and Roquefort Cheese Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- ½ cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Arrange salad greens on six plates. Toss pear slices with the 2 tablespoons of orange juice then divide pears and onion slices among the salad plates on top of greens.
- Top each serving evenly with crumbled Roquefort cheese and walnuts.
- Drizzle each plate with vinaigrette to desired amount.