Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peanut & Pecan Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 quart rolled oats (quick or regular)
- 1½ cups flaked coconut
- 1½ cups chopped roasted peanuts
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup wheat or bran flakes
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- In 12 x 20 x 2 inch microwave safe container, stir together oats, coconut and peanuts. Microwave for 2½ minutes, on HIGH.
- Stir, microwave for 2½ minutes longer.
- In a mixing bowl, melt margarine on HIGH for 1 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar, honey and vanilla, then drizzle over oat mixture.
- Add cereal flakes and raisins. Toss evenly. Microwave for 2½ - 3½ minutes on HIGH. (Mixture will be crumbly.) Allow mixture to cool. Yields approximately 2 quarts.