- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup white Karo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup margarine
- Mix Sugar, water, and Karo syrup in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, add raw peanuts, cook until forms a hard ball in cold water and add food coloring.
- Remove from heat, stirring constantly.
- Add margarine, and vanilla, stirring in real good, as margarine is hard to get worked in for a smooth mixture.
- When candy begins to thicken, pour into desired shape.
- A pie pan is perfect for a large pattie.
- An English muffin pan works best for small patties.
- When cool enough to handle, remove from the pans and wrap in plastic wrap.