Cook Time: 20 minutes
This is one of the easiest things I know how to make, but the ingredients make it seem sophisticated. You can serve this hot or cold, as a side dish or a main dish.
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta (spaghetti works well)
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or crushed red chilies (or adjust to taste)
- 1 clove garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger root (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed)
- 1 finely sliced scallion—both white and green parts (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package.
- While pasta is cooking, mix together peanut butter, water, tamari or soy sauce, vinegar or lemon juice, cayenne pepper or crushed chilies and ginger in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth, then set aside.
- Add peas to pasta pot one minute before pasta is finished cooking. Then, cook pasta for one more minute.
- Once pasta is finished, drain the noodles and peas, then place them in a bowl and mix them with sauce..Lastly, add scallion and carrot if you choose. Toss everything together. Pasta can be served warm or cold.