Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
This is one of the easiest things I know how to make, but the ingredients make it seem sophisticated. You can serve this hot or cold, as a side dish or a main dish.
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta (spaghetti works well)
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or crushed red chilies (or adjust to taste)
- 1 clove garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger root (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed)
- 1 finely sliced scallion—both white and green parts (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package.
- While pasta is cooking, mix together peanut butter, water, tamari or soy sauce, vinegar or lemon juice, cayenne pepper or crushed chilies and ginger in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth, then set aside.
- Add peas to pasta pot one minute before pasta is finished cooking. Then, cook pasta for one more minute.
- Once pasta is finished, drain the noodles and peas, then place them in a bowl and mix them with sauce..Lastly, add scallion and carrot if you choose. Toss everything together. Pasta can be served warm or cold.