Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Dallas Morning News Recipe of the Day Mailer
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 8 slices egg bread
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- confectioners' sugar, optional garnish
- Cinnamon Butter, optional
- Maple-Beer Syrup
- In a 9-inch square dish, beat the eggs with the half-and-half, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- Make 4 peanut butter-and-banana sandwiches, using a scant tablespoon of peanut butter and one-fourth of the banana rounds per sandwich.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture; the liquid should soak well into the bread.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a platter and pour any extra liquid over them to make sure they are soaked through.
- Heat vegetable oil on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place sandwiches on the griddle and cook on both sides until the bread is slightly puffy and cooked through, taking care not to let either side burn.
- Top each sandwich with a sprinkling of confectioners' sugar, if desired, a tablespoon of Cinnamon Butter, if desired, and one-fourth of the Maple-Beer Syrup.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 473 (44% fat) | Fat 23 g (7 g sat) | Cholesterol 204 mg | Sodium 419 mg | Fiber 4 g | Carbohydrates 52 g | Protein 15 g