Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Dallas Morning News Recipe of the Day Mailer
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 8 slices egg bread
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- confectioners' sugar, optional garnish
- Cinnamon Butter, optional
- Maple-Beer Syrup
- In a 9-inch square dish, beat the eggs with the half-and-half, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- Make 4 peanut butter-and-banana sandwiches, using a scant tablespoon of peanut butter and one-fourth of the banana rounds per sandwich.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture; the liquid should soak well into the bread.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a platter and pour any extra liquid over them to make sure they are soaked through.
- Heat vegetable oil on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place sandwiches on the griddle and cook on both sides until the bread is slightly puffy and cooked through, taking care not to let either side burn.
- Top each sandwich with a sprinkling of confectioners' sugar, if desired, a tablespoon of Cinnamon Butter, if desired, and one-fourth of the Maple-Beer Syrup.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 473 (44% fat) | Fat 23 g (7 g sat) | Cholesterol 204 mg | Sodium 419 mg | Fiber 4 g | Carbohydrates 52 g | Protein 15 g