Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 2½ cups
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- garnishes: whipped cream, chocolate curls
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a med-size heavy saucepan; gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat (pudding will be thin).
- Add peanut butter and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl; place plastic wrap directly over warm pudding.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Garnish, if desired.