This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Smyth Estate in Plano, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup shortening
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 ounce package chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter, egg and milk.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Stir into mixture.
- Place dough on lightly floured wax paper.
- Roll in a rectangle.
- Melt chocolate over hot water.
- Cool slightly and spread over dough.
- Roll up dough like a jellyroll then lift wax paper slightly at each turn.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Slice and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes.