Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Smyth Estate in Plano, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup shortening
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 ounce package chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter, egg and milk.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Stir into mixture.
- Place dough on lightly floured wax paper.
- Roll in a rectangle.
- Melt chocolate over hot water.
- Cool slightly and spread over dough.
- Roll up dough like a jellyroll then lift wax paper slightly at each turn.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Slice and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes.