Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An interesting variation of the traditional nanaimo bar. Makes: 16 bars
- 3 oz chocolate, semisweet, 3 squares
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 each egg
- 2 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup nuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp custard powder, Bird's is the most common brand
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 cup sugar, icing, or confectioner -sifted
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave on high power 2 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, vanilla and egg.
- Add crumbs, coconut and nuts.
- Press into 9 inch square pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat together all ingredients.
- Spread over base; chill.