An interesting variation of the traditional nanaimo bar. Makes: 16 bars
- 3 oz chocolate, semisweet, 3 squares
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 each egg
- 2 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup nuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp custard powder, Bird's is the most common brand
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 cup sugar, icing, or confectioner -sifted
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave on high power 2 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, vanilla and egg.
- Add crumbs, coconut and nuts.
- Press into 9 inch square pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat together all ingredients.
- Spread over base; chill.