- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour (or less)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- cream together the peanut butter and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Beat well.
- Add flour (reserve ¼ - ½ cup) and baking soda.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Add enough extra flour so that you can shape dough into balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Can be made as 36 medium (my choice) or 48 small cookies.
- Flatten with a fork, bake about 10 – 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Tested using 1¼ cups all-purpose flour. Yum! these are large cookies, 2 tsp sugar per cookie.
Nutritional information Edit
1 – 2 cookies (1/24 recipe)
- 96 calories | 2g protein | 13g carbohydrate | 4g fat | 89mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch/bread | 1 fat