Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1⅔ cups (10-oz pkg) reese's peanut butter chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- additional chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 package (3 oz.) softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- In small bowl, stir together eggs, oil and 1½ tsp vanilla; stir into dry ingredients, blending well.
- Stir in carrot, peanut butter chips and ½ cup walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese FROSTING.
- Garnish with walnuts, if desired. 12 to 15 servings.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until well blended
- Gradually add powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla extract, beating to spreading consistency.
- Substitute 2 cups (12-oz pkg) hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips or hershey's mini chips semi-sweet chocolate for the peanut butter chips.
- Substitute 1 cup Raisins for the chopped walnuts.
- Peanut butter chip carrot CUPCAKES:
- Line muffin cups (2-½ inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full with batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe reprinted with permission by Hershey's Kitchens